Monday, April 27, 2009

I'm listening to the rain pelt against my neighbors metal garage. Their yard is filled with muddy water.

Something keep making a noise. It sounds like somethings drowning.

Every now and then I feel a small rain drop land on my shoulders but I don't want to close the windows.

The streetlamps are my stars tonight.

My neighbor's house looks like it's been iced over instead of covered in water.

No one else has a light on in their houses.

I'm alone.

The cool breeze, the soft rain sound, the small thunder in the distance and the toads croaking in the brush are mine to enjoy.

This is why I like to stay up late. This moment right here.

There is something so precious about it.

When you know your the only person who gets to enjoy this.

Like your special from all of the billions of people out there. This moment is yours. It was created just for you.

No comments: